Saturday, June 18, 2011

Peace vs. Calm.

"our name is our virtue"

I have been pondering on that quote for a while. Names, check yours out because it probably has a meaning. My name means peace. I have kind of known that for a while because my name is Olivia like "olive branch" which is a sign of peace. So I started thinking about peace, and at first thought you probably couldnt think of a word that less describes me. I am high-energy all the time, and while I do desire world peace, I am not what one would think of as peaceful to be around. However thinking on what the word peace means to me, I find it has nothing to do with a persons energy level, and everything to do with how you feel about yourself. You have to feel at home with yourself, you have to be at peace with yourself, you have to love yourself. So with my new found virtue I walk onward, seeking inner peace with myself, then allowing it to radiate into other people. We all deserve to love ourselves, everying no matter what, you will never spend more time with someone than you spend with yourself. So become at peace with yourself, your faults, your strengths your ever changing self. Accept everything you feel, are and want to be. I am a firm believer that you cannot love anyone until you love yourself. So excercise your self love by stopping negative self talk. Your amazing, I'm amazing and until we all realize this fact about every human being an that planet including ourselves, peace is not possible. I wish you peace and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment