Monday, April 4, 2011

Look at it this way

Well, it's certainly been a while. I need to keep up on blogging better, because it really does help me reflect on my day, and an all around happier human being. Pardon the scattered nature of this post, I honesly have no idea what I am about to write about.
I'm tired lately. From lack of sleep, from too many emotions, and from the multiple stressors that life has tossed at me latey. Although, I am good at forgetting that when I'm having a good time. I think everybody is like that though, the only thing that can make people feel better is other people, but the only one that can make you better is yourself. Mind over matter my friend. The problem is with everything going on, its hard to see past it.
"No path is wholly rough, look for the places that are smooth and clear."

This quote is what I (everybody) needs to do, and eventually the moments of bliss will turn to days to weeks months, and ultimately a lifetime. Optimism isn't a characterisic or a personality, but rather a practice. Even people who are optimistic have their bad day (or months but whose counting) the trick is to not get caught in it. It doesnt happen over night, but rather a continual practice of gratitude and peace of mind. We cannot change what life deals us, we can only change our reaction. We will not always react correctly, but luckiy second chances are plentiful. Today a friend said to me, even if life is rough, I just think about how awesome my friends are and everything is great. Wise words from a wise human being, you know who you are if your reading this.

Long days mean more time
Bad times mean you had good and will have better
Tears mean you have smiled, and will again

Look at it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment