Thursday, April 28, 2011

"I won't worry my life away."



I needed to be told this right now. It is way to easy to get caught up in life and forget to live. There is so much stress that is put on us by the world, why do we choose to only make it worse. I know in my case at least that once I discover a problem, I cannot stop thinking about it until it is solved. I try and  try and I tell myself, well you can't do anything about it at 2 in the morning, but no matter what I cannot stop thinking about it. I am putting it on myself. Worrying does no good, and honestly that is one of the biggest lesssons I have been trying to teach myself for a very long time. I worry, alot. I have trouble sometimes remembering that something is not everything. When I am under stress I focus only on the stress, and then come to realize later that it really wasnt that big of a deal at all. I think this is somewhat common. The inability to see past what is right in front of you, and view everything as a whole. Even if that one thing is a huge thing, worrying will not do anything. Its only natural to worry, I know that, but it is a total pain when you cannot stop thinking about it, or being upset about it. We run ourselves into these little routines, that we think we have to do. The entire world no a days never stops. Instant message, e-mail, facebook, it never stops. You cant catch a break. You move from one thing to the next. In the old days letters took days to deliver and respond to, now its a click away. School, work, drama are all stresses that drive us deeper and deeper in to this constant battle against time. Here stands the question, when do you get to just enjoy life. Well the modern world doesnt do a good job of telling you its okay t just slow down for a second. Coping with the stress is the hardest for me by far. I am not great under stress, simply because I cannot look past it and see all the good things in life. We have to stop stressing about nothing, or what will be nothing a week from now. Stop worrying and enjoying now. Do what you can, then just leave it. Regret wont help, worrying wont help, just keep moving along, enjoying and living. Now this is far far easier said than done, but if it is achieved, I believe it is the ultimate answer to stress. Just remembering that it is not everything. Because "does it make sense not to live for fun?" No it does not. Think about that and  "dont worry your life away". When you look at your life, your not going to think about the paper you didnt turn in in college, or the spelling test you failed in third grade, and though they were everything at the time, in the grand scheme of things its not important.
The only thing that is important is enjoying your life. Because even if you are a perfect student or worker because you let stress take over, and work all day, are you really happy? Does being perfect at everything but living life to the fullest matter. Fulfillment comes in happiness and to be happy we must make the choice to be happy. When we look at being happy as our goal, everything else is not the most important thing anymore.This is not to say we should all neglect our responsibilities, just dont let them become your life! Do what makes you happy, because it is honestly all that really matters.

"Don't worry, be happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment