Tuesday, May 17, 2011

stop judging, yes I'm talking to everyone, and myself

Lately I have been trying to not judge people, the reason, its not our place as humans to judge eachother. I think the reason we judge is because we judge what we dont do. We judge other people for doing something that we ourselves would not, because we didnt have the experiece that led us there. So how can we judge? If there is something I have learned about people its that we all have baggage, and I'm not talking a small hand purse, I'm talking like five suitcases no matter who you are. We then cannot judge others, because we will never know what we would have done in their place, or how we would act toward people. I recently read about an excercise that you should do when you start judging someone. Try to find out what you dont like about the person, the character trait not the act, and then find it in yourself. Usually the traits we dislike about others we can find some what in ourselves. It makes it alot easier to dislike someone when we can relate them to ourselves. I'm not by any means saying I dont judge people, because I would be lying. For some reason its a natural thing for humans to do, but it is also a road bump to happiness, and I'm not sure about ya'll but whenever I talk about someone or think negatively about somebody, I feel awful when I really think about it. Another thing that helps me is to think of the persons family. They have a family that loves them. I cannot stand the thought of anyone even thinking negatively about a member of my family, so thats usually what does it for me. It's something to work at, because if we can get over all the little things and just spread the love, we'll all enjoy life much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment