Sunday, October 31, 2010

Half full

Today while listening to my collection of tunes I came across a song with a beautiful quote in it. (If you haven't noticed by previous posts that I love quotes, I may as well tell you now that I do.) Anyway the quote was:
"I believe that the power of positive thinking, is going to keep this world from ever sinking."
I really like this quote, because I consider myself an optimist, however I am quite aware that there are pessimists among us, and I hope to convert a few with this post.
Upon further research I found that positive thinking does alot for your body and mind. The physical effects of positive thinking should be enough to convert anyone to optimism. Positive thinking helps reduce stress because when thinking on the bright side, we are often more comfortable confronting our problems head on, and more successful in our efforts. I learned that "self talk" is a constant stream of thoughts going through your head. (No idea they had a word for that, I thought that was just called talking to yourself) Turns out these thoughts are either positive or negative. The key is to make sure they are positive by transforming your view of life as a series of opportunities instead of obsticles.
And guess what, thinking positively can increase your life span, lower depression, resist the common cold, reduce the risk of cardiac disease, and helps you better get through hard periods of time, that even optimists are going to have. The reason scientists think that positive thinking helps these people and their health, is that positive thinkers are better at coping with stressful situations.
You only have this moment, don't waste, live it.
You should definately try to be like the yellow smily face throughout your life. He knows where it's at.

No comments:

Post a Comment