Monday, November 8, 2010

Music is the universal language of mankind. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Outre-Mer

A painter paints pictures on canvas.  But musicians paint their pictures on silence.  ~Leopold Stokowski

Music. It's pretty universal you could say. I have yet to meet to anybody that hates all types of music. Of course as humans we are all different and all have our favorite styles, artists, and bands. It doesn't matter what type you like, fact is most people on this earth like some type of music. However the overlapping theme all these genres have is the fact that they are all music. There are very few things you can say that about. Music is one of the only things I can think us that we can all agree is good. If there is not something to be said about that, I don't know what is, since we sometimes seem to have a hard time agreeing on anything else. Music is extremely influencial. It can make us laugh, cry, dance, and give us energy to go out and do something. This is a power each artist has, to provide a good message to spread to the world. To tell a story, and evoke emotion aiming to make this world a better place for all of us that like music so much. This should be the goal of every artist. To as Madame de Pompadour would say, "Every day, I wish to make the world more beautiful than I found it." I suppose that is why music is so fascinating to me. It can move people, unite people, and seriously change the world. Pretty extraordinary if you ask me.





No comments:

Post a Comment